Saturday, April 30, 2011

Back to basics

This past week I had the amazing opportunity to be called to serve on the stake young woman's camp board and spend the week in the middle of nowhere with the girls. As I'm a convert to the church I was never able to experience the Young Woman's program and didn't really know what to expect from this sort of camp, but I was excited to be part of it.

On Monday we only had the YCL's or young camp leaders, which are girls aged 16 and 17. As a treat for their efforts and hard work to come through out the week we went on an air boat ride :) This was an amazing experience as its something I have never done before and to get out in the swamps of Florida to see the beauty that Heavenly Father has created was awesome. 
  
One of the babies
My boat
Heading out to the lake/swamp area
The wind in our hair





If you look close enough you can see little black and yellow strips just bellow mummy...this is one of her babies the rest were around the tail end.

This one did not like us, she even went for the boat and guess who was closest to her....yup me!!!                                                      




He was 15ft long. and only 2ft away from the boat :S.









This was an amazing day and the week only got better, I got to meet some amazing leaders and awesome girls. The spirit was always present even if it was hot and sticky, you could still see the glow in the girls faces. It has strengthened me in so many ways and I am looking forward to seeing how I grow from this.

Crystal Stalker you did a fantastic Job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment