Saturday, May 21, 2011

Making the move.

These past few weeks have been a huge mix of emotions, as last Saturday saw me pack up my things and leave "home" aka Florida. After months of struggling to adapt to being in Fl me and Alex decided to move to Oklahoma. This was a hard choice to make as Alex has never been here, but we have spoken about it and prayed about it constantly. In the end we began to have many doors open up to us that have allowed this move to become reality.

I have now been in Oklahoma for a week and have missed Alex greatly, as for reasons beyond our control he has had to stay in Florida for a while. Since getting to Oklahoma I have had the privilege to attend 3 graduation ceremonies (pics to come in the next few days) one college and 2 high schools. I am so proud of the graduates and Thank God that i have amazing people like them in my life. I have been able to finally get a US driving permit and did my first drive tonight :). It amazing how different it is to drive on the right hand side of the road and drive a big car. I got to celebrate a good friends 25th Birthday with them and today I walked my 1st 5k since I was about 13 years old. It was a great sense of accomplishment when I crossed the finish line in under my target time of 1hour. I know to some this may seem slow but you have to realize I am not a runner.

Me and Jazz after our 5K
Since moving to America I have put on so much weight and know that i have to change this and start getting back in shape. So doing this 5K has given me a kick in the right direction, which i plan to build upon. OK its 2:20am and i better head to sleep.

More Pictures will be posted soon.

night all

No comments:

Post a Comment