Friday, April 22, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes - Random 1st post.

Growing up I remember loving Wotsits (I think the closest thing over here is cheetos cheese puffs) actually I still love them and have been known to still them for little babies :). Well for a time they did a version that you could cook, it was basically cheesy potato covered in bread crumbs and they are like heaven. Well the other day I was craving them as i was cooking dinner so I though what the heck why not add cheese to the mash I was already making. Good idea...Right?

Not so much because for the past 2 days since having them i have still craved the amazing cheesy mash :) and yes that has meant peeling the spuds, boiling, adding milk and butter then finishing with cheese. About 30 mins worth of work for one (actually 2 as I have been babysitting still) servings of fresh cheesy mash. I hate reheated potatoes and not a huge fan of instant mash unless it has huge amounts of gravy on it. Come on my next craving needs to hurry up and get here, this is to much hard work.

On another note I handed in my notice a few weeks ago and today is my last day as a nanny in because we have made the choice to move to Oklahoma and I leave in I think 23 days... Not that I'm counting or anything. Watching the little man has had it challenges, which i hope will set me in good stead for when the time for for me and Alex. But it has also been very rewarding, I got to experience his first stair climb, couch climb and steps. In the three months I have had him I have seen him change and grow so much and I'm so grateful his mum trusted me enough to allow me this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment