Monday, June 25, 2012

Getting busy

Well its been a busy few weeks, since I last posted but I wanted to share with you a couple of the projects I have been putting together.

The first was a wedding present for a fellow Girl Scout and second was putting together a focal point for a huge blank wall for our loving room that was driving me crazy.

So the wedding present was a pinterest project just slightly modified found here i brought a plate from a local discount store, wrote on it with sharpie and covered it in tissue paper and modge podge so the sharpie didn't just rub off.


The focal point used the family transfer as the starting point, but I didn't want to just put it on the wall and waste the $30.00 i spent of it so in comes a friend to the recuse and gave me an old window i really loved. I took two planks of wood and painted them white added them to the window, using metel brackets and wood screws and placed the transfer on the wood. Adding hanging bars to the back and wire across the window for more photos and i was ready to hang.

I then took two fence posts, cut them down to create 3 shelves. sanded, painted and polyed them before attaching them using L brackets above. I think they create a perfect balance to the photos as well as more depth. I haven't fingered what to add to the final shelve yet but I doubt it will take long to fill up, esp with my growing collection of willow tree. 

So let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment